September EXTRA MILE EMPHASIS: LUTHERAN CAMPUS MINISTRY
There will be a sign language interpreter at the following services:
9/25,10/30, 11/6, & 11/27
Banning State Park Youth/Family Hike Your family is invited to join us in a fun day of hiking, fellowship, and adventure as we explore God’s amazing wilderness on October 2nd! Sign up in the office, email email@example.com, or call 218-927-2028
Suicide Prevention Forum will be held Sun Oct 16 at 10:15am in the church library. Presented by Arlene Nystrom, social worker. Teens, parents, and adults invited. Sponsored by the parish nurses. Questions: ask Rebecca May.
Choir Practice -- Thursdays at 4:30 pm in the Choir Room
- HEARTLAND FALL GATHERING Light of the Cross Lutheran in Garrison MN.
When: Saturday September 24 Starting at 9:00 AM
Theme: “Nurturing Cultural Diversity Today and Tomorrow.”
Guest Speaker Sarah Lancaster named 2022 Minnesota Teacher of the year.
REGISTRATION IS $10.00 AND BEGINS AT 8:30AM COFFEE AND TREATS WILL OFFERED UNTIL 9:00AM. LUNCH WILL BE SERVED FOLLOWING THE MEETING. ALL WOMEN ARE WELCOME. COME AND GATHER WITH THE WOMEN OF OUR CONFERENCE
- WE NEED YOUR HELP FL council and Property committee seeking funding for these outside property projects this summer/fall:
Parking lot entrance concrete/replace side-walks-$11,900
South parking lot asphalt repair- $4080
North parking lot asphalt repair -$6400
$22, 380 combined total (minimum needed)
*no budgeted money for these projects
*currently prioritizing Dale Beihoffer funds for inside building renovations.
So far, $5,820.00 has been raised.
- Quilters will resume their work on Friday, September 9th, meeting at 9:00 a.m.
We need people who would like to tie quilts, cut squares, sew bindings, prepare packets for sewing and any other aspects of quilting. You can work at home or at church. No education required. We are a happy group that shares stories, time together and deep friendships!
Call Linda Delaney with questions - 218-820-6777.
- DAYS FOR GIRLS WORKSHOP! 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Tuesday, October 18th. Sewers and non-sewers alike, please join us in this important ministry to prepare reusable feminine hygiene kits for girls and women around the world. If you have questions please contact Eunice Weslander
TINY TOTS Registration is now open for the 2022-23 school year. Register HERE: https://forms.gle/hiwPKFih9DbEeVYH9
For more information: https://sites.google.com/.../flcyouthp.../prek-4th/tiny-tots For more information contact Lisa Buisman: firstname.lastname@example.org
The CARE Memory Lane Café is a comfortable, social gathering that allow people experiencing memory loss and caregivers an opportunity to connect, socialize, and build new support networks.
What: CARE Memory Lane Cafe
When: 2nd Tuesday of the month at 11:00 a.m. Lunch will be available.
Where: Maryhill Manor, Aitkin
Call with questions 218-927-1383
- Job Announcement Full Time position with benefits!
First Lutheran Church, of Aitkin MN, is looking for a Children, Youth & Family Coordinator thatwill oversee all programming & events for the children, youth and family ministries.
This person will plan and carry out special events, service projects, group activities, and be responsible for establishing a schedule that allows him/her to be present for Sunday morning worship, Sunday school, fellowship and all Wednesday programming.
Some higher education is preferred as in a background working with children and youth in a faith-based environment. Hourly wages will be between $15-$20.
Please visit our website www.flc-aitkin.com for a complete job description and application instructions.
Volunteers needed/wanted -- Must be willing to work with others and independently. (Able to lift 20 lb, stock & organize shelf's, assist neighbors / clients with food, assist with intake, and willing to clean up) 9 am to 4 pm. Second and fourth Thursdays of the month.
Contact Laura @218/821/7159.
- Interfaith Volunteers (formerly known as Lakes Area Interfaith Caregivers) is a charitable organization in the Brainerd Lakes area. We help senior citizens and people with disabilities live safe and independent lives in their own homes.
Interfaith Volunteers has been in existence since 2001, and the majority of our volunteers come from the communities of faith. If you can swing a hammer, reach a high shelf, drive a car, hold a hand, or simply listen and be a friend, we would love to hear from you!
We hope you consider sharing your time with us! Website: Interfaithvolunteers.org
Email: email@example.com Phone: 218-820-7454
- PLASTIC BAG RECYCLING Clear Lake Grange have placed a container in our church for plastic bags. Please bring your clean plastic bags and other plastics to the church and place them in the container. Clear Lake Grange will be collecting the plastic, weighing them, and take them to NexTrex to be made into a bench. They need 500 pounds. Take one of the sheets on the box so you know what type of plastic we can accept. Thank you for your support.