FIRST LUTHERAN CHURCH
With God's love we embrace one another, our neighbors and all creation.
IN-PERSON MINISTRIES POSTPONED
LIVESTREAM ONLY WORSHIP AT 10 am SUNDAY
Drive-in Worship Guidelines for First Lutheran Church
(click here to download the guidelines)
We will be holding a drive-in service in our main parking lot Wednesdays at 6pm. Please read the following guidelines for how we will gather together for worship in a safe and accountable way.
Note: The service will be cancelled if it is raining.
Before you arrive:
1. NO RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND!
2. If you have any symptom of illness, stay home, or seek medical attention – do not come to worship.
3. Use the restroom before leaving home as there will be none available at the church. The building will be locked.
4. Plan on arriving earlier than the start time of the service. It will take time to get parked. Try not to be late and a distraction for others.
5. Bring something to do while you wait – especially if you have young children with you.
6. For communion, please bring bread and a small container of wine/juice (and cups, if needed) with you. Please do not bring an entire bottle of wine.
When you arrive:
1. Enter the parking lot from the East side only.
2. You will receive an envelope with a printed song sheet in it.
3. Be considerate when parking. Please follow the directions of the parking lot attendants. Bigger vehicles/high trucks will be directed to park towards the back of the lot.
4. Tune your radio to 96.1 FM.
During the Service:
1. Feel free to open your windows, talk to your neighbors next to you, wave at friends, but DO NOT get out of your vehicles. That means YOU. If one person gets out, pretty soon everyone will be milling about. Which, of course, is the very reason we cannot hold in-person gatherings in the church building.
2. Again, when we have communion, you will partake of your own elements (bread/gluten free wafer and juice/wine) brought from home. You will also need to bring your own cup.
Following the service:
1. You will be dismissed by row. Drive carefully out of the lot and follow the direction of the parking lot attendants.
2. If you would like to make an offering, place it in the envelope you received for the song sheet and then drop your offering in the barrel on your way out of the parking lot.
3. Go in peace to love and serve the Lord!
4. Invite others to join us for worship.
SPRING - FALL - WINTER
Fellowship between services
Pre-K thru 4th grade Sunday School 9:05am
(Contemporary 2nd and 4th Sundays)
(Informal family dinner and praise)
5th-9th grade programming following
MEMORIAL DAY - LABOR DAY
(Contemporary 2nd Sundays)
JULY 9, 23
9:30 a.m. Drive up only
Drive-In Wednesday Night Service
Bring your own bread and wine/grape juice for Holy Communion
Every Monday and Thursday--5:00 p.m.
Take out only
The Stewardship want to acknowledge and applaud your "Giverosity". Read more about it on the Events/Announcement page. Check the June Newsletter or download the survey HERE and send it to the church office after completing.
WE STRIVE TO NURTURE CHRIST in ourselves and each person we encounter.
First Lutheran is a thriving community of believers, a place to meet new friends, where your family is supported and encouraged.
You can come as you are, no matter where you are from, what you are facing, or where you are in your spiritual journey. We hope you will join us for worship and experience for yourself the presence of God in this place.
First Lutheran Church is a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA). Like the ELCA, we are a church that shares a living, daring confidence in God's grace.